Thursday, January 7, 2010

40 weeks plus 1 day...tic toc tic toc

Sooooo, looks like we have made it! The due date has come and gone and the baby is still not ready to meet the world. I have to say, can't really complain with how the pregnancy has gone, but this week has been tough...I think a foot is permanently stuck in my ribs causing a very painful pinch/burning sensation and I really don't see how much more my stomach can expand. Chuck officially waived a white flag as of last night and has taken refuge on the coach/futon in order to try and get away from my tossing and turning at night. And no matter how much I try to no think about the fact that the baby will join us at any minute, the thought is always right there. No worries to you out there as well; we will be sure to let you know once active labor starts! :)

Our last doc appointment was Monday and it went pretty well. I weigh 174 (25 lbs total...I am very very happy), measured at 40 cm with a heart rate of 140. Now offically 2 cm dialated and still 50%, the doc said my cervix is soft. Even though this technically means squat and I could be like this for 2 more weeks or go into labor as I am typing, it was still positive news that my body is getting ready and heading in the right direction.

Just a waiting game at this point...we are walking, swimming, and doing just about everything else those old wives tales suggest to get this moving along. Keep the suggestions coming!!

Love you all and can't wait to give ya'll the ultimate update!

Oh yea! For those of you wondering about the Entenmann's cheese filled cake, I up'd the anty. I baked a double layer chocolate cake with chocolate icing all from scratch (yes, including the icing). It was sooooo good and I ate about 1/2 on my own. Pretty excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment